Warning: Use of undefined constant http - assumed 'http' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/scohaw4/onlineultrasoundschool.com/wp-content/plugins/https-switcher/https-switcher.php on line 25
Warning: Use of undefined constant https - assumed 'https' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/scohaw4/onlineultrasoundschool.com/wp-content/plugins/https-switcher/https-switcher.php on line 26
Having a baby can be overwhelming. Before your child is born, you have your obstetrician to help you understand the ins and outs of pregnancy and child birth, and to explain your ultrasound images to you. But once your baby is born and you leave the hospital, you’re thrown into your new career as a mother. Raising your baby as he or she grows into a child and then a teenager and beyond can also be overwhelming. The good news is that there are plenty of people who feel like you do and love to pass on their own experiences for you to learn from. If you are interested in finding some inspiration and support for your work raising a new baby, here are some of the best mommy blogs around. These mommy bloggers can help you with your new baby — and beyond.
Understanding how to care for newborns can be a daunting task. Especially if you are a first time mom. Here are some mommy bloggers that can help you find your way:
- MomBlog: This collection of blogs from FamilyLife offers helpful insight on different stages of development. The newborns blog is written by different moms who share their perspectives and wisdom in caring for the newest addition to your family.
- Breastfeeding 1-2-3: With helpful advice on breastfeeding from Angela, a breastfeeding lawyer, this great resource provides practical advice on making it work for you and your newborn.
- Baby Care Answers: Get answers to some of your baby care questions. This blog is written by Cortney Gibson, a mom dedicated to helping parents of newborns take better care of their babies.
- Babylune: Learn how to take care of your baby, and get helpful parenting tips from Eliza Ferree.
- Breastfeeding Mums Blog: Another breastfeeding blog, this one helps you learn about the benefits of breastfeeding and how it can work for you.
- Nursing Your Kids: This blog is mostly about the different ways your newborn can benefit from breastfeeding. Give your newborn the best start.
- Cloth Diaper Blog: If you are interested in a “greener” way to care for your newborn, you can get good information and tips from this blog about effective cloth diapering.
- What to Expect: The author of the popular What to Expect When You’re Expecting, Heidi Murkoff, has a site/blog full of articles about baby care and newborn care. It’s not just about the pregnancy.
- ModernMommyBlog: This blog is written by a mom with a sociology degree and who teaches about child development. She a child just out of the newborn stage, and a great deal of insight on what happens in the first year, and beyond.
- The Natural Newborn’s Blog: For eco-conscious parents, this blogger is intent on helping you find ways to take care of your baby in a more natural way.
- Suburban Cloth: This is another diaper blog about cloth diapers and using them for more natural care of your newborn. Christine helps you learn how to care for your baby in a more natural manner.
- Molly Hilton Baby: This blog isn’t exactly about caring for your newborns. But if you are interested in having your baby photographed, Molly Hilton can provide you with some great ideas.
Twins and Multiples
Taking care of multiple babies can be difficult on any parent. There are plenty of blogs about caring for twins and multiples that can help you figure out what needs to be done — or just provide a little support and perspective.
- Twins & Multiples: Pamela Prindle Fierro has identical twin girls, and provides a number of helpful insights on her About.com blog.
- How Do You Do It?: This blog offers insight from a number of mothers who parent multiples. These is even information on this blog about caring for preemies.
- BeTwinned: A great place to go to learn about parenting multiples — and doing it with cancer.
- The Joys of Twins: Learn how to take care of twins, and other multiples. Dawn has interesting insights and a clean style, making her clear and approachable.
- 4tunate: Follow the life adventures of a “quatro mama” who had quadruplets.
- Got Triplets? This blog is devoted to raising three firecracker girls who happen to be triplets.
- Multiples… and More!: This blog is all about having multiples, how to care for them, and sharing stories about how they can change your life.
- Twin Utero: Thoughts and insight on parenting twins, and overcoming the challenges.
- Susan Heim on Parenting: Susan is a mommy blogger writing about parenting multiples from a Christian perspective.
- Les Sharma: Twin boys, along with an older boy. A great look on dealing with the craziness that is parenting three active boys.
- Looky, Daddy!: It’s not exactly a mommy blog, but it does offer insight into caring for twins — especially when you already have another child. This stay-at-home dad tells it like it is.
Many parents find out during pregnancy, or soon after the birth, that their child is a special needs child. Looking online for those who can understand and who can provide you with helpful hints on parenting can be a real godsend.
- Special Needs Children: Another great offering from About.com. Terri Mauro provides helpful information on taking proper care of a special needs child.
- The Special Needs Parent Blog: Joan helps you find strategies to parent your special needs child, whether he or she is a baby or getting older.
- To The Max: This blog is about parenting a child with cerebral palsy. Ellen writes honestly about taking care of Max from the time he was born.
- speak softly…: Vicki’s special needs child passed away, but she still blogs about disabilities, and advocates for children. A great blog for reading about caring for children with special needs, and getting through the pain of losing a child.
- Slurping Life: Melody has given birth to and adopted boys with different special needs. Her kids are affected by bipolar, ADHD, cerebral palsy and autism.
- 1-2-3 Autism Free: This mommy blogger writes about caring for a baby and, later, a child with autism.
- MOM — Not Otherwise Specified: A great blog written by a mom raising a child on the autism spectrum.
- Cerebral Palsy Baby: Shannon writes about having cerebral palsy and still giving birth. An interesting perspective.
- Parenting Children with Special Needs: This blog is found on an adoption blog, and can provide insight to those who adopt a baby with special needs.
Parenting with Attitude
Sometimes, when you are dealing with the stresses of a new baby, what you really need is someone irreverent to help you get through it. You also may need some laughter and insight from a source with attitude. These mommy bloggers can help you laugh and get through it all when you really need it.
- Badgermama: With her purple hair, Liz occasionally raises some eyebrows. But her fresh approach to parenting can be a real help.
- Chookooloonnks: With a sly wit, Karen shares her thoughts on motherhood and life.
- IzzyMom: This sarcastic mom has an irreverent view of life. She is a non-traditional in a number of ways, and can provide a bit of spunk and attitude to your day.
- Fussy: Eden blogs about raising children and doing it with a little attitude.
- Motherhood Uncensored: Just what you would expect: An unapologetic and unflinching view of the ups and downs of parenting.
- Not Calm (dot com): Read about the crazy life of Jen, a mother of four. Brings a little laughter and perspective to your day.
- Notes from the Trenches: Learn about the insane life of Chris, a mother who works hard to keep her six boys and one girl in line.
- Three Kid Circus: Jenny is a seasoned mother of three who can help you learn how to raise your kids with a little levity.
- Karen Sugarpants: This mother is often hilarious, sharing thoughts on motherhood and helping you get away from it for a little bit.
- Mama Drama: Houston Chronicle readers weigh in about motherhood. A range of experiences from a variety of mommy bloggers.
A new baby can make it difficult for you to accomplish everything you feel you should. Here are some blogs that can help you find yourself again — and still be a good (or at least adequate!) mother.
- It’s All About Balance: April shares her thoughts on keeping it all together.
- The Journey: Renee blogs about finding balance and peace, starting on the inside.
- On Balance: Leslie blogs for The Washington Post about finding that balance between work life and home life. A valuable resource for working moms with new babies.
- Dirty Laundry: A helpful blog about knowing what to let slide, and figuring out what is important.
- Birth Balance: A blog devoted to finding balance and harmony throughout the birthing and postpartum processes.
- Postpartum Progress: Addresses the issue of postpartum depression, and what can be done about it.
- PPD Survivor: Learn how to deal with postpartum depression.
- Motherlode: This blog from The New York Times writer Lisa offers insight on newborns, finding balance, caring for yourself and addressing emotional issues in child rearing.