When it comes to your health and wellness, it can be worth it to consider holistic options. This is because the idea behind holistic health is that the whole body — mind and spirit included — should be treated. Holistic healing isn’t just about treating symptoms, it’s about a specific lifestyle aimed at complete wellness. While holistic healing methods have not received complete welcome by the community of Western medicine, some doctors are open to the idea of using some holistic methods to complement the treatments most of us are familiar with, such as childbirth. If you are interested in learning more about holistic health and wellness, here are 50 blogs that can point you in that direction:
General Holistic Health and Wellness Blogs
- Podcast — Holistic Health and Wellness: Learn more about the holistic lifestyle and how to thrive living a more natural lifestyle.
- Beliefnet’s Fresh Living: This is one of the blogs on Beliefnet that is aimed at helping you live a holistic lifestyle and adopt spiritual and physical wellness.
- Natural Holistic Health Blog: Aimed at providing tips and information on living a holistic lifestyle.
- Healthedia’s Natural Holistic Health Blog: Another blog with information on treating different ailments with holistic remedies and adopting holistic wellness techniques.
- Underground Wellness: Focuses on some of the holistic wellness ideas and techniques available, as well as news from the world of not-so-wellness.
Even though chiropractic has received some props recently, it is still considered somewhat “alternative” when it comes to medicine. Chiropractic focuses mostly on the manipulation of the spine to help keep the rest of the body in balance, and to manage pain and other issues.
- The Chiropractic Blog: Focus is on chiropractic and the science and philosophy behind it.
- The Next Generation Chiropractor: Provides information on chiropractic practices.
- Dr. Riggs’ Chiropractic Blog: Offers information on chiropractic as part of an overall holistic lifestyle.
- The Blog of Franson Chiropractic: Information about chiropractic and how it can help you obtain complete wellness.
- Albany Wellness and Chiropractic Blog: Tips and helpful hints on holistic wellness, with a specific focus on chiropractic.
Natural Childbirth Blogs
Many are concerned about how sterile and un-natural the childbirth experience has become. If you are interested in learning more about how to make childbirth a connective experience that is more natural, here are some helpful blogs.
- Natural Childbirth for the “HIP CHICK”: Provides answers to questions about natural childbirth and busts myths.
- Bellies and Babies: Looks at childbirth from the viewpoint of a doula who assists in natural childbirth.
- Nine Months and Beyond: Goes a little bit beyond natural childbirth, but includes helpful hints on successful natural childbirth.
- Hathor the Cow Goddess: A blog with a comic strip about natural childbirth and breastfeeding. Informative, with a little bit of levity.
- mama…doula…girl: A look at how to have a natural childbirth with the help of a doula.
- Birth is Good: Helpful information on natural childbirth and real stories about going through a natural pregnancy.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) are often amused about the term “traditional” medicine used in the Western world. This is because many TCM techniques pre-date “traditional” Western medicine. Here are some blogs about TCM, including acupuncture.
- Chinese Medicine News: The latest happenings in TCM, and how they can be applied to overall wellness.
- Blue Poppy Blog: Looks at TCM, and how it can be part of a holistic lifestyle.
- Life Is Like A Sunflower: Offers information about holistic health through TCM, including information on acupuncture.
- Acupuncture & TCM Blog: Focus is on acupuncture, but other aspects of TCM — including Tai Chi — are discussed.
- Tai Chi Blog: Learning to harness wellness through the Chinese practice of Tai Chi.
- Tai Chi Heartwork: A look at ancient wisdom and applying it to wellness and holistic health today.
Just as TCM looks at ancient medicine traditions, so too does Ayurveda. However, Ayurveda is the practice in use in India, even today. Ayurveda focuses on total health and wellness, rather than just treating symptoms. Includes some yoga blogs.
- Ayurveda and Yoga Blog: Helps you integrate holistic principles of physical and spiritual well being into your daily life.
- Ayurveda School Blog: A blog that is attached to a health care clinic and school, but that offers helpful suggestions on health and wellness with a Ayurvedic perspective.
- The Everything Yoga Blog: Looks at how yoga can help you live a life of increased wellness.
- Yoga On and Off the Mat: Applying yogic principles into all aspects of life for enhanced wellness.
- Total Health Yoga: How to use yoga as part of a holistic lifestyle.
Herbalism uses what is found in nature to help enhance health and even cure various ailments.
- Herbalist Blog: Learn about different herbs, and what they can be used for.
- The Herbalist’s Path: Offers information and helpful hints from a variety of herbalist traditions.
- Herbalism Blog: How different herbs can help aid in helping you achieve holistic health.
- Henriette’s Herbal Homepage: A variety of herbs and how they can be integrated into total health and wellness.
- Timeless Herb Secrets: Learn about the secrets of herbs, and how they can aid you in better wellness.
Massage and Meditation Blogs
- Fingertips: This is a wellness blog with a focus on massage.
- Punkie Spelt’s Massage Therapy Blog: Learn about how massage can help you find focus and better holistic health.
- Massage Therapy Blog: This blog from the Cortiva Institute focuses on how massage can help you increase your wellness.
- The Meditation Blog: Helps you keep you body in balance with meditation and breathing techniques.
- Meditation Blog: Techniques to help you maintain holistic health by integrating meditation.
The focus of naturopathy is to help you incorporate more natural methods into your lifestyle in order to treat illness and live a more holistic lifestyle.
- Naturopathic Medicine: A Fresh Perspective: Looks at how getting back to something more natural can help your overall health.
- Physicians Who Listen: This is the blog of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians and offers helpful tips and insights on better holistic health.
- New York Naturopathic Blog: Includes information and therapies using holistic methods.
- Swanz Naturopathy: Offers a look at using naturopathic means to enhance wellness and health.
- Naturopathy Blog: Information on living a naturopathic lifestyle for better holistic health.
- Homeopathy and Homeopathic Medicine Blog: Learn more about how homeopathy can aid holistic health.
- Arizona Homeopathic and Integrative Medicine: Include homeopathy as part of a total wellness regime. Also includes news and happenings in the world of alternative medicine.
- Sue Young Homeopathy: Living in London, this homeopath offers history on the practice, and insight on how it can be integrated into a holistic health plan.
- Homeopathy News: Lifestyle tips from a homeopathic perspective.
Reiki is an energy and healing practice that is meant to help you spiritually as well as physically to enjoy better overall wellness.
- Reiki Help Blog: Helps you learn more about tapping your inner energy for holistic health.
- Reiki Healing: Learn about Reiki and how it can help you achieve better wellness.
- Reiki Matt’s Blog: Techniques on using Reiki, and information on how you can yourself become a Reiki practitioner.
- Reiki Goddess: Helpful information about using Reiki in healing and holistic health.